Yummy and fast! Your kids will love it and so will you!!
INGREDIENTS ( for 4 people )
- 500 gr ground beef
- 1 medium sized onion diced
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tsp Kirian Greek Oregano
- 3 whole canned tomatoes mashed
- the leaves of half a bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 60 ml olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
FOR THE SERVING
- 4 big souvlaki pies or 8 mini
- 200 gr cheese of your choice. I added kaseri but would be fine with gruyere too or whatever you like .
On a wide pot we warm up the olive oil on high temperature and we sauté the ground beef for 4-5 mins stirring it all the time.
We add our onion, the garlic, the tomato paste, the cinnamon stick, the Kirian Greek Oregano, salt and pepper and we sauté for 2-3 mins more while stirring.
We add 250 ml of water, we turn the heat to medium, we cover the pot and cook for about 30 mins (till the ground beef is done ).
We add the canned tomatoes, give it a good stirring and keep on cooking for 10 more minutes. We need our sauce thick.
We take out the cinnamon stick, we sprinkle the parsley leaves, stir and remove from the fire.
In the meantime, we warm up the oven on 180 Celsius (350 F) degrees on air mode. We put the pies in and warm them up for 3-4 mins.
We serve the pies on plates, place on top the portion of sauce we like and cover with grated cheese of our choice. We can roll them like souvlaki also if we like.
Kali orexi !!